WTB montipora full pieces any color

handzfree

I am looking to buy some Montipora, Green, orange, blue, or purple. i dont want just a frag, so if anyone has any full pieces they want to sell let me know

ive got 2 large red monti caps i will sell. they are both around 6". the pictures are from about a month ago but ill post new ones later today.

Attachments

• IMG_1015.jpg
    IMG_1015.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1013 (2).jpg
    IMG_1013 (2).jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 0
I have a huge piece I would love to sell and make some room in the tank. The red is about a foot across and about 10 inches tall...a big one if you have room. Also have green and some purple edged monti too.
Rita

I have a nice piece of blue polyp encrusting monti to part with but Im not that close to you. Im 5 min from Aquatic Tech btw.

If you want to get a piece from Joe and don't want to make the trip I can bring it out to ya, hes right up the street from me.

I have a dark orangish red monti I really need to sell to make some more room in my tank. It's just out of place right now but I think it looks pretty cool. It's about 5-6" across but I haven't measured it in a month or 2. I'm not positive what species it is bc it's really thick for a monti and doesn't plate out like my other red cap. $20?

P2010118.jpg

I have a larger one but don't want to part with the entire thing. due to getting hammered by the MP40 it has some great growth pattern on it though I would be happy to give up a large chunk of it. Will post some pics.

I have a larger one but don't want to part with the entire thing. due to getting hammered by the MP40 it has some great growth pattern on it though I would be happy to give up a large chunk of it. Will post some pics.

Does flow make a big difference with monti's and sps? Can you ever have too much flow?

Does flow make a big difference with monti's and sps? Can you ever have too much flow?

yes and yes. too much will rip the tissue off and cause sps not to expand their thin tissue. Low flow will cause thin stretched out colonies and high flow will cause dense thick colonies that sometimes grow slower. Monti plates grow nicer colonies in high flow imo, more cupped.

sorry for the thread jacking.

Back