WTB:Siporax

I just confirmed with the U.K. seller that the Siporax I bought from them on ebay is geniune. They purchase 50L boxes at a time and repackage smaller amounts. Otherwise, if you order the 50L box then you'll get a sealed box from Sera.

I just confirmed with the U.K. seller that the Siporax I bought from them on ebay is geniune. They purchase 50L boxes at a time and repackage smaller amounts. Otherwise, if you order the 50L box then you'll get a sealed box from Sera.

Do you have a link or a name to the Ebay seller?

Of course the seller will tell u it's genuine so u don't file a complaint. Who normally buys 50L box to verify. Would u trust a tunze pump that came in a jebao box or a plastic bag? Use some common sense... It's a good deal but I wouldn't risk it for all the money I invested in my tank.

Of course the seller will tell u it's genuine so u don't file a complaint. Who normally buys 50L box to verify. Would u trust a tunze pump that came in a jebao box or a plastic bag? Use some common sense... It's a good deal but I wouldn't risk it for all the money I invested in my tank.

Why is everyone so insistent on saying I'm not buying a genuine product? Is it to justify paying more then what I did?

The seller has sold over 9200 items on ebay with a feedback score of 99.9%. They have sold 189 orders of Siporax alone. Some fellow reefers on this site have also bought from the same seller and their tanks haven't been nuked yet. My common sense tells me you're being paranoid.

Last edited:
Why is everyone so insistent on saying I'm not buying a genuine product? Is it to justify paying more then what I did?

The seller has sold over 9200 items on ebay with a feedback score of 99.9%. They have sold 189 orders of Siporax alone. Some fellow reefers on this site have also bought from the same seller and their tanks haven't been nuked yet. My common sense tells me you're being paranoid.

I agree. Why in the world would someone counterfeit such a low cost item as Siporax and try to sell it?

Do you have link? Thinking of grabbing some but can't find it on ebay?

Do you have link? Thinking of grabbing some but can't find it on ebay?

I don't think we can post links to ebay??
I just went to the regular site and searched for "Siporax 25mm" then a listing from the U.K. site popped up. The seller is super_aquarium.

Just wanted to say that my Siporax arrived already and has been in my sump for a few days now. Seems to be the real deal and nothing has died yet. ;)

I think it's just because the price was so much lower, it fails the sniff test, aka 'too good to be true'. But sometimes it is true, and just plain is a good deal!

Not saying it's fake or real -- But there were entire Samsung product lines including NEW products in development in a chinese shop that was making counterfeit products. After the Samsung people reviewed the fake products all they had to say was "These are really, really good. On par with what we make".

Besides, there are people on Amazon selling fake Seachem Matrix. The tamper proof seal is broken, and it's just full of regular rocks LOL. So somewhere, someone is trying to make a buck, and it makes any deal suspicious. That said, it's sintered glass... Even if it WAS fake, it would probably work just as good and you'd never even know.

Back