WTB stand for my 40Gallon Breeder Tank

iluvaquariums

Hey everyone,

If anyone could give me some great places where I could buy a stand for my new 40 Gallon Breeder tank I would really appreciate it. I don't really want a particle board stand and since I got this tank at the grand old Petco 1 dollar a gallon sale I don't mind spend a few hundred bucks on a nice stand.

I just moved here like 2 months ago from the East Coast and am in the beginning stages of starting up a new tank.

Thanks

I seen on petcos website last night, that they have steel frames for good prices!! That would make a good starting point!!

+1 on the petco steel stands. I'll be getting a breeder in the next few days and planning on getting the stand as well.

Checkout Dolphin Pet Village in Cupertino.

This is where I got mine (they're in Campbell - on Campbell Ave and Fulton). The have a range of stands in the 36x18 foot print that range from $200 - $300.

Aqueon stands came at an order-in price of $250 IIRC.

I'm very pleased with the stand I bought there - which was $200. Looks and feels fairly solid. Nicely level (I didn't need any shims on my floor). One slight negative was that the interior wasn't as finished as it could be. This didn't matter to me as I was going to paint the interior anyway. The crown/edge at the top of the stand is much higher than the bottom trim on the 40B - it made the tank look like it was sinking into the stand. But a piece of 3/4 inch plywood cut to fit the stand top (painted of course) raised the tank the perfect height.

Last edited:
Back