Wtb sun coral

They had some huge sun coral colonies at coral corral. I think it was a display tank though; didn't see any prices on them.

Yes I have done my reading on them this past year. I have a special tank for them to do in so I don't have to worry about nutrients in the sps tank!!! Thanks for info though

I lost my colony while I was away the past few months.. a big loss, but I had a ton of success with them prior to that. Tuck them under overhangs, if keeping under strong led or halide lighting. Also, feeding domes made from a simple plastic bottle with the bottom cut off can really encourage growth and daytime feedings without interference from any tankmates.

I have 8 frags from a dying sun colony that a LFS gave me to rescue... They are much happier now but are not huge pieces.

Bradenton. My lights are still ramping up but once they are bright enough I will take a picture of the frags. I would say average 4-6 heads on each. The colony was almost dead when the owner of my LFS gave them to me to try to save so I fragged it and it has taken almost two months to get them healthy again.

I have another bigger piece that was recently given to me to also try to save and the heads are finally growing back but it is not fully recovered yet.

I'll post a pic in a few.

Sun Frags

SunFrags_zps9958be94.jpg

Oh the blue colony started as 2 polyps not sure the name and the pink ones started as 1 polyp and also don't know the name. If anyone can identify please do cause I just buy what I like when I see it lol

Back