WTB: Used/Cheap 55 gallon tank for snake.

SRT80

In need of a 55 gallon tank. Doesn't matter if it leaks or has scratches...sides and back will be painted. No major cracks though. Center brace must be there as I'm gonna build a double door lid.

Not lookin' for a expensive water tight tank. I guess I should have takin' advantage of the $1 a gal sale Petco had awhile back even witht he tax situation...

Steve

Don't need a stand. This tank is gonna be laid down. What I mean is, the front is gonna be turned into the bottom. Makin' it 48x21x12...more floor space for the snake. I will build a base for the tank to sit on. Probably 48x24.

And then I'm gonna turn what used to be the top into a hinged door open front with vents. If I felt comfortable drilling, I would drill a hole and glue a circle vent in the sides or top. But my luck, I would shatter the glass. Then a large heat pad on the bottom. Thats why the center brace must be there and in good condition so I can have double doors. I seen it done on a snake forum.

I was thinking about doin' this with smaller tanks as well. Turning a standard 29 gal into a 30x18x12. Or a 20 into a 24x16x12. But my main focus is on a 55.

I hope to get one now to experiment and if it seems to work ok, next time Petco does the $1 a gallon, I will probably buy a few more to have a stack of 4.

Steve

I'm going to take a look at my old 55 gallon that sprang a leak along the seam. I'll be able to scan it on Saturday, it may be what you are looking for.

Back