WTS:60g Cube Tank drilled for closed loop + 150w/250w MH/T5 Fixture

ekrunch

OT Magician
For sale is a 24 x 24 x 24 acrylic cube (drilled for closed loops, almost all of the bulkheads provided) with a Giesemann 230 MH/T5 lighting setup. 150w and 250w ballasts are included, the fixture will support either.

Giesemann Fixture Link

Price is $500 for tank, bulkheads, fixture, hanging kit for the fixture, and two ballasts. (A 150 and a 250)

Here are some pictures of the tank. Sorry about the photo quality, I was in a hurry. I can take some better pictures later for those that are interested.

DSC_4622.jpg

DSC_4623.jpg

DSC_4624.jpg

DSC_4625.jpg

DSC_4628.jpg

That tank has changed owners many times in the past 6 months. I never got to set it up, the Jon Luciani bought it and never set it up, then Gotfish bought it. I wonder if he ever got to set it up.?.?

That tank has changed owners many times in the past 6 months. I never got to set it up, the Jon Luciani bought it and never set it up, then Gotfish bought it. I wonder if he ever got to set it up.?.?

No, he did not. I got it from him and was about to set it up when this whole work thing hit so now I'm glad I didn't because i'd be tearing it down along with my 90g and 275g. :(

whats a closed loop?

A CL is a way of creating flow using an external pump that's plumbed to a set of bulkheads in the tank. Water flows out of the tank from one (or many) bulkhead and then back in through one (or many) bulkheads. That lets you create flow in the tank without using powerheads and if you use a device like an OceansMotions 4-way or SuperSquirt, you can create a random current in the tank. (Like a powerhead on a controller) The CL isn't connected to the sump or anything, it's just straight out of the tank to the pump and then straight back into the tank, thus the term "closed loop". :)

Back