WTS: My mystery wrasse

mylifeismyown66

FUP&A Member
I have had this guy since January. He is fine with inverts as I have a small cleaner shrimp, a fire shrimp, and he never bugged my peppermints before I got rid of them. He is in my 39g CAD tank and he won't allow me to introduce any more wrasses so he will have to go. Asking $50 and he's about 3.5". He is not caught yet so you would have to wait until I am able to get him. Will be trying the bottle trap tonight though.
157095_628147460779_48808380_35294737_7419721_n.jpg

IMG_6458.jpg

i loved mine before it jumped . thats a good price and a sweet fish . mine closely examined every coral over and over just waiting to find a pest to eat . you wont be disapointed ED Traver . Nice pics Ryan !

Not yet. Hopefully today, or I may need to make a new trap. I have caught wrasses in the past with a soda bottle, but this one may have too large of an opening and I may have to make a new one.

Ryan-
If you have some acrylic and weld-on sitting around, you can make a fish trap like the one in my build thread. It works 100x better than any other method I've ever tried. Here's a pic:
IMG_0319-1.jpg

The PVC comes up out of the water for you to drop food into and the door to the left is attached to a piece of fishing line. Once the wrasse swims in to eat, just let the fishing line loose and the door slams shut.

Beautiful wrasse and those traps do work great... I made a similar one awhile back for getting rid of my damsels years ago but I managed to break it in storage by piling boxes of crap on top of it

Scott- Yeah that trap looks nice! I don't really have the parts to make it right now. Still hoping the bottle will work before I tear my aquascape apart lol

When I was catching my tomini tang before (wanted to get him in a larger tank) I was thinking the entire time, "Wow, I wish it were my mystery I was trying to get" because he just kept hanging out not caring. I tried catching him with nets today and that failed lol

Yeah sorry man. Still trying. I made a new trap yesterday that has been in the tank. I caught a serpent star, some nassarius snails, my cleaner shrimp multiple times, but still no mystery wrasse. Ill keep you updated.

Finally got him tonight thanks to Steve! Anyways, I have not heard back from Gabe yet, but is still pending to him as of right now.

I borrowed Steve's trap. The bottle traps or just trying to net him didnt work. What took the longest was trying to get to the fish trap because I was sick, my car was broken, and I had finals lol

The wrasse is back up for sale! He is caught and ready to go now ASAP, pm me if you'd like him! I've had him since last January. Very healthy and eats everything(pellet, flake, PE mysis, and even that instant ocean gel). I have also had him with peppermint shrimp fire shrimp and cleaner shrimp and he never bothered them.

Back