WTT Sohal Tang for SPS

eric mac

I got this guy yesterday. I really like him but he is one heck of a bully. He has a lot of character. He even come to hand when in the tank, will also feed from hand.

But every other fish is been in hiding sense this morning. Every thing was fine yesterday. Today he has took controll of the tank. He is 4 to 5"

Would like to get some of the nicer sps or a mini colony of sps. LMK if interested.

aefe2687-f851-c0ae.jpg
aefe2687-f8af-ecdf.jpg
aefe2687-f8ed-2326.jpg

Is he a lot bigger then other in the tank? I have a very bully blue tang. Since I put this guy in they both keep each other in checks.

Yea at the petshop I thought "he looks about the same size as my mimic tank". Wrong, he has a good 1" on mimic. He also just swims so fast around the tank most of the other fish r in hiding. To you guys think that will change. I would like to keep him but as of today if any one came over and seen my tank. They would think I only have 1 fish.

Does he pick on others or the others just scare because he swim fast? Mine is not aggressive, but I have hike a very long time.

In the pet shop he was fine tho. Was in a 60gal with a few other tangs that were smaller then his. They all looked good no missing fins.

I have a 9 inch SOHAL, and he swims around the tank fast too, but he's no aggressive and no one is scared of him...thankfully

I added him last though, and other fish in the tank were already established, so maybe that made a difference..

Ive had all other fish for months now. Just got him. Am I over reacting and just let things happen.

How big is your tank? From the video, it looks like 5 feet in length by about 30" height? That is a 5" Sohal that seems cramped in your tank. The reason why your other fish are hiding because the Sohal is probably terrorizing them, and not because he is swimming fast.

Last edited:
Way too small of a tank by any stretch to be keeping a Sohal. Why dont you catch him and try to bring it back to your LFS? Did you tell them your tank info before they sold him to you?

+1. I'm not the tang Police but 48" is just too small imho for a Sohal. Tangs gotta swim and generally need strong flow to stay healthy; again imho.

I knew that my tank was to small when I bought him but he looked so small in the LPS little holding tank. I doubt they'll help me they were sitting on him for awhile. Till some fool like me, came and bought him. I might be interested in trading him for a chevron tang.

I can't believe I'm going to say this and I'm going to rat my self out. But doom doom doom pet world of San bernarghetto

Back