WWC 5th Anniversary Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't wait its Sat the 24th and Sun the 25th its going to be an awesome event.:dance:
Some great deals and well known speakers, food and raffle.

i heard that small yellow tang will be $9, small hippo tang $12. and $5 for 1 inch coral frag. cant wait

decided to head down there for our first time just got back.

First Impression: WOW get a load of those giant tanks with so many beautiful pieces, it's a shame that it was too busy to really look at them comfortably. Headed to the back room and WOW again, really nice systems and easily viewable from inside the isles

Second impression: HOLY cow are these really the correct prices for frags??? PRICE RAPE...WHY can't i find anyone who knows the prices of these colonies/clownfish? Why is everything marked "ask for price" instead of priced? store was too packed to move inside of and half of the employess shrugged there shoulders and said to ask vic for anything that needed to be priced. it was a madhouse to say the least. frag displays are nice but you cant fit inside the isles to look a tthe tank with more than one person.

The people outside at the bbq were nice,

for every negative thing i heard about this place i have also heard another person defending them, so i was really hoping to be proved wrong by the naysayers, but overall my current impression is that its too far of a drive for bad service and overpriced goods. The service i'll give them a pass on b/c it was super crowded, but i thought aquaria studios was overpriced was vin was there but oh man is WWC a slaughterhouse

Even though there prices are out of my range most of the time, there people are super nice and always there to help. You should defiantly go back if you are looking for good service. The reason some of them didnt know prices was because they had a lot of extra help on hand that do not usually work there. If you are looking for high end corals than go to them because they most likely will have it, without having to buy a whole colony.

First Impression: WOW get a load of those giant tanks with so many beautiful pieces, it's a shame that it was too busy to really look at them comfortably. Headed to the back room and WOW again, really nice systems and easily viewable from inside the isles

Second impression: HOLY cow are these really the correct prices for frags??? PRICE RAPE...WHY can't i find anyone who knows the prices of these colonies/clownfish? Why is everything marked "ask for price" instead of priced? store was too packed to move inside of and half of the employess shrugged there shoulders and said to ask vic for anything that needed to be priced. it was a madhouse to say the least. frag displays are nice but you cant fit inside the isles to look a tthe tank with more than one person.

for every negative thing i heard about this place i have also heard another person defending them, so i was really hoping to be proved wrong by the naysayers, but overall my current impression is that its too far of a drive for bad service and overpriced goods. The service i'll give them a pass on b/c it was super crowded, but i thought aquaria studios was overpriced was vin was there but oh man is WWC a slaughterhouse

Do you normally go to grand openings or anniversary events and judge a retail stores customer service based on what you see that day during the mad house?

WWC is a cadillac dealer. It's kind of like going to the Aston Martin dealership and complaining about prices.

Do I agree with some of the $300 per eye pricing that our hobby has? NO, but WWC isn't responsible for those prices. I understand the business model that WWC has, they cater to the high end reefer.

And let me be clear, I'm not a high end reefer. lol. I can't afford their high end stuff, but I like to dream :)

Do you normally go to grand openings or anniversary events and judge a retail stores customer service based on what you see that day during the mad house?

WWC is a cadillac dealer. It's kind of like going to the Aston Martin dealership and complaining about prices.

Do I agree with some of the $300 per eye pricing that our hobby has? NO, but WWC isn't responsible for those prices. I understand the business model that WWC has, they cater to the high end reefer.

And let me be clear, I'm not a high end reefer. lol. I can't afford their high end stuff, but I like to dream :)

Point taken but if you head to two different HONDA dealerships the cars should be priced relative. According to your logic.... i just had a salesman try to sell me 1/3 of a Civic at over double its retail price vs the cheaper price of a full honda civic at another dealer. The pieces in question are the same exact thing just smaller and costlier. If your MASSIVE SALE still doesnt put you close to what things should be costing at retail elsewhere i dont see how they have so many customers

It's not like they have anything different than any other LFS, in fact i'd argue to say some stores i saw today had better quality corals, but to each thier own

but they sell frags of 1/4" x 1/4" for $60 of something i see at another high end overpirced store for 2"x2" at $40.

You are not the only one who sees it that way. I will buy my "fancy car" at the dealer who prices it right- not the popular dealer. Speaking of fancy cars, WWC prices some of their corals in the neighborhood of what a fancy car would actually cost. No thanks.

Point taken but if you head to two different HONDA dealerships the cars should be priced relative. According to your logic.... i just had a salesman try to sell me 1/3 of a Civic at over double its retail price vs the cheaper price of a full honda civic at another dealer. The pieces in question are the same exact thing just smaller and costlier. If your MASSIVE SALE still doesnt put you close to what things should be costing at retail elsewhere i dont see how they have so many customers

It's not like they have anything different than any other LFS, in fact i'd argue to say some stores i saw today had better quality corals, but to each thier own

but they sell frags of 1/4" x 1/4" for $60 of something i see at another high end overpirced store for 2"x2" at $40.

They must be doing something right because people will travel from Miami, Tampa, etc to wait in line to buy their product. Name another LFS where this would happen, there isn't one...kudos to Vic, Lou and their staff to building a successful business with a huge following.

I when there the prices where awsome, as always they have the cream of cream, when it comes to corals and fish.
The speakers, WWC provided the best possible spekers, to everyone who want to show up there today.
I can believe, that a company that everyone judge as "they just worry about the money",can provide all what they did at no cost to nobody

Thank WWC for been the gem of Orlando and put as on the map!

I can only attribute that to the old saying "there is a sucker born every minute." It's all good, though. That leaves available elsewhere the same pieces for much less for me to buy. Instead of dropping a lot on one frag, I can get several. To me, that is a no-brainer.

They must be doing something right because people will travel from Miami, Tampa, etc to wait in line to buy their product. Name another LFS where this would happen, there isn't one...kudos to Vic, Lou and their staff to building a successful business with a huge following.

I agree, while they have a cult following, i guess it's misleading forum hype that allows people to believe that it's one of the top stores in the country, yet alone a 300 mile radius. I went to thier massive sale today with two store owners from Miami who were expanding to a new location that decided to size up the competition to see what it took to be the best.

I told them of the hype of WWC i had read on the forum and that we should go there as it must be the standard....

We were in and out in a matter of fifteen minutes. Like i said above while it may be the best physical setup i have seen in a fish store and the sheer size is very impressive, they were BEYOND overpriced and regardless of the sale the were unprepared/underployed/ to handle the influx of customers.
Your number of clientel represents little of your service and very much your ability to sell. They SELL well.

I when there the prices where awsome, as always they have the cream of cream, when it comes to corals and fish.
The speakers, WWC provided the best possible spekers, to everyone who want to show up there today.
I can believe, that a company that everyone judge as "they just worry about the money",can provide all what they did at no cost to nobody

Thank WWC for been the gem of Orlando and put as on the map!

:fun4::fun4:if there are those of you out there that think those prices are reasonable PLEASE PLEASE come stop by my house and pick up your choice of the same frags at half the price and ill still make a killing on you. :fun4::fun4:

Would you pay more for a basketball at storeX vs storeY if Lebron James was giving a lecture on how to shoot it in a room next to you with a powerpoint slide and a childsize karaoke machine..... CMON now people. Cant you see through the hype.

We left that place and went and did our rounds at the other 4 Major stores OB, AS, OD I&2, and a few of the newer stores out in the longwood area. Many of which offered FOX/TYREE corals as well as BRAND NAME zoas that werent 60-80 dollar for frag discs 1/2 full fresh cut.

That's standard WWC fare. Guess a lot of people fall for the hype, still...

I had a good time, good speakers, nice speeches, nice people and yes good deals too.
And the food was awesome too.

I had a good time, good speakers, nice speeches, nice people and yes good deals too.
And the food was awesome too.

+1. I always enjoy seeing Julian Sprung so a big thank you to WWC for bringing him to O-Town again. I enjoyed their big displays very much and managed to find a couple of deals in my price range that were competitive with other area stores and would-be coral farmers. I was surprised to see they had some really great fish prices too. Look forward to next year.

When again today, and just to see Julian, Tony vargas, the reef builder main writter, mike palleta, the owner of reef savvy, there was just like been on heaven.
After listen to palleta and Julian, I understand when it comes to High end corals and fish, you can not get that from someones house! or just any LFS, this guys paid $500.00 for a frag and the next year they sale to us.
The difference is they know what they do, and how to create trends in our hobby
mike palleta make a point during his presentation "2008 WWC was created" that guy probably has more money and corals than the whole grand reef barrier.
You can buy that kind of comments
Thanks again WWC, keep it up and keep sending me, those weekly specials

I too went for the rumor of yellow tangs for 9 bucks and left disappointed.

I completely agree with mattanderin (and inlimbo) - ive been in this store once before my trip today and theres a reason. Ive never seen such an overpriced store - it just blows my mind. If your prices are so high that even with 40% off they are higher than most other retail stores - theres something wrong. the 15 (maybe more) staff members that were walking around were like zombies - no one says a word to you and when you finally got someones attention and asked a question they had no answers. I was in and out of the store in less than 15 minutes. Very disappointed - i live on the east side of town and will probably never visit this store again. I have no idea how this place is still open or why so many people love it. I'd take Oceans Direct or Saltwater Livestock over it any day.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back