yea no more buying water

my plan is to drill a hole in the wall directly behind the tank to where the rodi system is located along with 3 large water containers. water changes will be pumped out of the sump through the wall, and then filled from the salt waltzer holding container. i have 3 herniated discs, im sick of carrying water.
all three containers are linked together and can closed off via ball valves.

my wife has 3 herniated discs as well and 2 bulging in her neck and nothing stops her from carrying the 5g buckets for her water changes in the 30g and the 220g. She is like the energizer bunny, keeps going,,,,:D

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12882044#post12882044 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by mflamb
I believe an RO/DI unit, when properly maintained, is one of the most important pieces of a reef tank system.

agreed

Most people think DI water doesn't taste good. You can put a tee, some tubing, and a valve in the line leading to the DI in order to access the RO water. That's also a good way to test the tds of your RO water.
Russ

Best thing of owning your own RO unit is low tds. As i've mentioned before, lfs all have high tds. So basically not only are we killing our backs, but we're poisoning our tanks for .50 a gallon. ;)
Make sure you have a tds meter and test your ro water periodically.

Back