yea no more buying water

barfish

I picked up a used kent HI-S 60gpd ro-di from the guy i bought my 210 and chiller from and after sitting in the garage for the past 6 weeks i finally got it cleaned, new filters and membrane and producing water. Its about dam time.So no more lugging buckets back and forth for me. I plan on pumping water directly out of my sump thru a wall for water changes and back in to fill. How have some of you gone about remote drain and fill. doubt thats the correct terminology. thanks.

barfish, I am totally jeolous! I am always "off to the LFS for water, [buckets in hand ....dropping the lids....rolling down the front yard hill....]" it really sucks to live on a steep hill and try to carry 5 gallon buckets in or out. KR

do you have to walk up hill both ways. in the snow, barefoot, thats what my grandmother used to tell me.lol... Tell me about it ive already bought 75 gallons this week waiting for the membrane to show up. My lfs loves me.

Well the trip out is NOT as bad....it's downhill.....but then the lids go rolling down the hill and when I open the hatch on my van trying to keep them all in there without some of them falling out is a PITA. Then, when I get the H2O home....it is lugging full buckets up the hill into the house....and that's not easy either with the weight going UPHILL! I can't wait to get a RO/DI! KR

RODI unit was one of my best investments to date. I would have to top off about 3 gallons every few days. That was a lot of trips for water with buckets. So I set up the RODI to auto top off and I don't have to worry anymore.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12880299#post12880299 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by payyourtoll
I dont think it is advisable to drink rodi or even ro water

You can drink RO water. Its what comes out of the water machines.

Ive seen that rodi lacks many salts and nutrients/minerals, etc. that your body needs when it is drinking.

pulled off web
One of the most pronounced negative effects of consumption of RO water is dilution and washing out Na+,K+ and Mg2+. This electrolytic imbalance causes problems with neural transduction, muscle contraction and can lead to sudden death.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12879988#post12879988 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by shibumi
Congratulations !!! your back is going to appreciate it. :)
We have the ro unit in the garage but still lug in the buckets!

I believe an RO/DI unit, when properly maintained, is one of the most important pieces of a reef tank system.

Back