yellow button polyps

ct103

Made a trip to the LFS this morning for some frozen brine shrimp. They have some bueatiful yellow button polyps.before I make the purchase I want to know how difficult they are to care for and how hardy they are. Any info please?

I guess that is what they are. just do not want to buy something that is more than I can care for

How do I acclimate them my tanks lighting is much stronger than the LFS. I can acclimate the water condition no problem but I am concerned about the difference in lighting.

Do then look like these? ((top right corner))
Edit, would have helped if I would have attached the picture :p

Lemon.jpg

If so, they are pretty darn hardy, and do spread like Travis stated.

As for acclimating them -- start them on the bottom of your tank, and slowly move them to where you want them -- may even want to shorten your photoperiod a bit, but I've moved mine from PC to MH with out an issue.

But, because they spread so well, may want to isolate them.

Last edited:
Mine went from N.O. bulbs to MH and took a few days to completely wither away. Sucks when you can keep stuff like acro's and monti's and other nice stuff, but when you get a simple coral like yellow polyps and they die on ya...Geeze.

Really?? ((not doubting you ;) )) Mine are still doing well in my 58 ( 2 * 175 MH ) and they won't die!!
They are on the back wall, pretty much up to the waterline, so pretty close to the lights -- at least they aren't on the rocks and can be managed with a razor blade.

Then if you read the information in the text with it you will know how to care for it. Seems like you might want to start them at the bottom of the tank, maybe in a little shaded area and go from there depending on how they are doing.Cool looking stuff good luck with them.

Back