Yellow clown goby

JTumminello

Hey all, I have a yellow clown goby that was just put into my tank last Sunday. At first he hid for a few day around Thursday he started adventuring out and hanging out on some live rock. Unfortunately I have not seen him eat anything. Tried cyclpeeeze, flake and some pellets no luck. He is looking at it but does not take the plunge. I have to hold off on the feeding for a few days due to me trying so much but has anybody have the same issues? Any ideas suggestions?

Last edited:
I got one a few weeks ago. He won't touch pellets but comes out for small amts of rods food. Fish go crazy for it. Yellow clown eats it too. Such a cute fish.

I have one that went days, I think nearly a week before I saw it eat. at first it would only pick copepods off, then took to brine shrimp. good luck

My green one will not touch flake food. He will only eat frozen stuff like mysis blood worms or marine mixes. If im running late sometimes ill throw in a few flakes and he will not touch them

I have not seen him eat anything. Tried cyclpeeeze, flake and some pellets no luck.
That's because clown gobies, like many fish will not eat that. I have been keeping them for many years and have a breeding pair now. They spawned 4 times this month but I feed them pieces of clam and live blackworms and liv whiteworms.

The eggs are in between the fish.

New born clown gobi, 2 days ago.

You can see them eating worms in this video.

The first one I had would eat small pellets or frozen mysis but this wasn't an every day thing for him. The second one I had wouldn't touch any of the foods I offered but he sure loved eating my sps. He didn't last long in the tank before I evicted him.

Mine was like that initially but now loves pellets. It is in a Pico on my desk and begs alot! I gently crush a small pellet and it works great! Now it will occasionally eat Rods but much of it is too big. Cyclopeez was a huge mess in such a small tank. They eat from or near the surface. You might add some baby brines or pods to get over the hump.

Back