Yellow Tang Died??

mikesommers

Premium Member
I had a Yellow Tang in my 75 and now he is missing.
He ate yesterday fine. I also have a Blue Regal and hes fine.
I had some problems with CA+ and Mag in my last water change.
NO3 is 0. I am going to recheck tomarrow since I cant find him. Any ideas? I did spend a week getting the mag and ca+ back up to where it belongs. SG 1.026 always has been.

reefing102

Who Am I Here?
Premium Member
Did you check around the tank on the floor? Or if you have overflows he may have jumped into an overflow.

just a couple suggestions

vanmo92

I would check the floor, overflows, sump. THe sump does not seem likely, but you never know, fish have their ways. If not I would start searching in the tank for him. However if he is dead he is probably wedged in the rocks somewhere because I know in my tank if a fish that big died It would not be hard to find. unless he was wedged in somewhere.

mikesommers

Premium Member
He was a baby about 2 inches. I have looked everywhere. I have alot of rock. I have done everything but take rock out. If he died I am going to have to watch NO3 and hope the crabs and shimp find him and clean him up. Do you think the MAG drop or CA+ drop could have hurt him. I have never seen this bother a fish before but who knows. He also was having a little battle with another fish I am not sure witch one. I have a Regal a small Damsel, a
Marron Clown and a Mandarin. Oh and a Yellow Goby. Ph was fine the hole time I do not understand why he whould have died. It had to be stress.

mikesommers

Premium Member
He was a baby about 2 inches. I have looked everywhere. I have alot of rock. I have done everything but take rock out. If he died I am going to have to watch NO3 and hope the crabs and shimp find him and clean him up. Do you think the MAG drop or CA+ drop could have hurt him. I have never seen this bother a fish before but who knows. He also was having a little battle with another fish I am not sure witch one. I have a Regal a small Damsel, a
Marron Clown and a Mandarin. Oh and a Yellow Goby. Ph was fine the hole time I do not understand why he whould have died. It had to be stress.