Yellow Tang Died??

mikesommers

Premium Member
I had a Yellow Tang in my 75 and now he is missing.
He ate yesterday fine. I also have a Blue Regal and hes fine.
I had some problems with CA+ and Mag in my last water change.
NO3 is 0. I am going to recheck tomarrow since I cant find him. Any ideas? I did spend a week getting the mag and ca+ back up to where it belongs. SG 1.026 always has been.

Did you check around the tank on the floor? Or if you have overflows he may have jumped into an overflow.

just a couple suggestions

I would check the floor, overflows, sump. THe sump does not seem likely, but you never know, fish have their ways. If not I would start searching in the tank for him. However if he is dead he is probably wedged in the rocks somewhere because I know in my tank if a fish that big died It would not be hard to find. unless he was wedged in somewhere.

He was a baby about 2 inches. I have looked everywhere. I have alot of rock. I have done everything but take rock out. If he died I am going to have to watch NO3 and hope the crabs and shimp find him and clean him up. Do you think the MAG drop or CA+ drop could have hurt him. I have never seen this bother a fish before but who knows. He also was having a little battle with another fish I am not sure witch one. I have a Regal a small Damsel, a
Marron Clown and a Mandarin. Oh and a Yellow Goby. Ph was fine the hole time I do not understand why he whould have died. It had to be stress.

He was a baby about 2 inches. I have looked everywhere. I have alot of rock. I have done everything but take rock out. If he died I am going to have to watch NO3 and hope the crabs and shimp find him and clean him up. Do you think the MAG drop or CA+ drop could have hurt him. I have never seen this bother a fish before but who knows. He also was having a little battle with another fish I am not sure witch one. I have a Regal a small Damsel, a
Marron Clown and a Mandarin. Oh and a Yellow Goby. Ph was fine the hole time I do not understand why he whould have died. It had to be stress.

Back