Yellow Water Blues, any suggestions...

GunnerO

I just did a 20% water change, my tank has RO/DI, Ammonia is 0, nitrates 0, phosphates about .5, PH is 8.3. The sides and back of the tank have green algea. Problem is with the tank lighting (260w) it looks greenish yellow. The back of the tank really looks more yellow than the front. Comments, suggestions welcome....:rollface: :rollface:

I did a complete change in the tank finishing about 2 weeks ago, replaced 60# of CC with 60# live sand, restructed my LR into towers,(Had about 20#LR leftover) added 5 small cardinals and some coral this week.

I've got a quad satelite (2 x65W) white and 2x65W Actnics, the bulbs were replaced last September.

I hadn't thought about the ativated carbon, do I need to get granular and then a chamber to put it it, sort like a phosban reactor?

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14796330#post14796330 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by GunnerO
I hadn't thought about the ativated carbon, do I need to get granular and then a chamber to put it it, sort like a phosban reactor?
That's how I have mine set up. but you can also run it passive by putting it in a bag and setting it in the sump. there was an article that I read about the differences I'm trying to remember the outcome... I think they worked the same it just took longer for the passive to get the same results.

You can also put the carbon in the filter bag that comes with a simple hang-on-back filter (like a penquin) such as would be used on a freshwater tank. I would suggest buying the type that has a refillable filter bag. The already-filled bags skimp on the carbon. Don't use the biowheel if you have/buy that type of filter. I have this set-up on my tank. Works great.

Back