Yellow wrasse Q

romeo0119

Who here own a yellow wrasse? Does your jump? Do you cover your tank? I heard they goes into the sand when they sleep, is that true? How long do they usually stay in the sand for before come back out again? Please share your experience with me about keeping a yellow wrasse.

Yellow wrasse, Halichoeres chrysus. Yes they will jump, don't bother having a fish of this genus if you do not cover your tank, as you will eventually find it on the floor.

They dive into the sand when scared or to sleep. Expect the wrasse to stay buried for the first day or so when introduced, and sometimes it takes them a good while to get used to your lighting schedule. Mine was coming out at noon for about a week before he started getting up when my lights came on.

A very nice fish. Mine eats about anything I feed him, and is very peaceful.

I have glass covers on my tank.

Yea I just transfer mine to the DT from quarantine, he was hanging out all day but then I havent seen him since 7 tonight, my tank is covered so Im sure he's not on my floor, just getting a lil concerned when I didnt find him. Btw mod, please delete my duplicate post below, I dont know what happen....

I sold mine to my budy because he killed my pod population in a week.

They are good reef fish though.

Back