Your favorite CUC members

terrypercula

Pretty much as the title says what do you like for cleaning up and why. Try to be as specific as possible(for example instead of saying snail say turbo snail or nassarius snail). This should be a good way to create a good refrence for others to come look to when they are thinking of building their future CUC in their nano systems.

Stomatellas. :) Usually free as hitchhikers, spawn like mad, fast-moving, hard workers and mostly nocturnal, like the janitors who clean your office at night.

1+ Stomatellas. Would never have a reef without them. Hard workers, stay hidden all day then come out at night to clean. Breed well in your tank, and make excellent snacks for others. My skunk shrimp eats them all the time. They stay a nice, small size, they never knock things over or cause problems. Plus, they are just plain cool looking.

Stomatellas. :) Usually free as hitchhikers, spawn like mad, fast-moving, hard workers and mostly nocturnal, like the janitors who clean your office at night.

Same here, with trochus as a close second. The 100 or so stomatellas I have in my 40 do an amazing job of mowing down film algae, while the trochus seems to target hair algae. I need to get a few more of them, as I've only got the one right now.

1+ Stomatellas. Would never have a reef without them. Hard workers, stay hidden all day then come out at night to clean. Breed well in your tank, and make excellent snacks for others. My skunk shrimp eats them all the time. They stay a nice, small size, they never knock things over or cause problems. Plus, they are just plain cool looking.

If by cool looking you mean look like a snot rocket with antennae than I completely agree:lolspin: Haha, at least they only come out at night.

long spine urchin, serpent star, yellow cuke. I get a BYU cuc from LA from every year to every 6 months. You have to get a $75 minimum order but free shipping and you save a lot otherwise. Plus there's a huge selection of species.

Back