YWG acting weird?

daplatapus

So I got my yellow watchman goby a little over a week ago. At first he swam into a hole at the bottom of the rock structures in my tank and the only time I saw him for the first few days was if I snuck up on the tank really slowly. Early this week he started acting a bit more comfortable and didn't swim for cover every time we neared the tank. But the last couple days he swims up to about 6" from the top of the tank and sits there in the corner. He props himself up on his fins and just sits there against the glass like this:

ywgonwall.jpg

Today after work I came home and for the first time, right below where he is in the pic, he's dug up a small shallow like I think he's supposed to de, but he still comes up in the water column and sits there against the glass. Is this weird or is it just me?

Nope, eats like a pig. Mysis, pellets, flakes everything. Colour was a bit faded the first day or so, but now back to a vibrant yellow and his dots on his side are almost fluorescent blue, it's really cool. Although today was the first time I saw him mouth any substrate. The only weird thing is his just hanging out in the corner....

my ywg did this yesterday when i turned my pumps off to feed. i have only had him a few days and cant really tell you more. if the pumps are on he stays near the bottom and not far from his hole.

Back