Zebra Shark for sale in the Divers Den

5K won't hold it for all that long. They get up to 8'. Even a 20K tank is too small for a full sized one.

So why even sell it to the public? Not too many people have 20k and larger home aquariums, its better off to go to a public aquarium where it can be happy and grow.

So why even sell it to the public? Not too many people have 20k and larger home aquariums, its better off to go to a public aquarium where it can be happy and grow.

Publicity. And there are actually a few tanks out there that may be able to house this guy for quite a long time.

Think about this for a minute. If you have that sort of money to spend on a fish chances are high you can house it easy enough. Both in space, feeding, and maintenance.

This isn't something the average Joe is going to run out and order let alone typical advanced aquarist. No different than the rare fish that run in the thousands, expensive cars, wine, whiskey, or women (or men I guess).

Think about this for a minute. If you have that sort of money to spend on a fish chances are high you can house it easy enough. Both in space, feeding, and maintenance.

This isn't something the average Joe is going to run out and order let alone typical advanced aquarist. No different than the rare fish that run in the thousands, expensive cars, wine, whiskey, or women (or men I guess).

No agree, I wasn't referring to the money, I know many many people could house this if they wanted. I was more referring to the size of the aquarium needed to properly let it grow.

A while ago they had a different shark, growing to about the same size, and I asked the same question in their facebook feed, I felt it was pretty irresponsible of them to offer it. Someone replied that some public aquariums buy off their Diver's Den.

I doubt of this species. That would be crazy.

There was a thread on my local fourm with better pictures but can't find it. Here is their Facebook page.

858d05a47423a282b1d2cb722ac562cd_zps980a93ed.jpg

Back