Zoa Predator!!

Firekat

I have Nudibranch - Nudis!! I identified them through google. I have taken 4 out of my tank. How do I get rid of these? Is there anything you can use in the tank or do I have to keep picking them off? I've been lucky so far in finding them

Do manual dips with Iodine based treament like ( LUGOLS/TMPCC/REVIVE ).
Manual removal of egg sacks as well. scrape them off, use tweezers etc. CHeck and dip as needed 2 times a week for the next couple of weeks to catch newly hatched babies. Get natural predators too like wrasses like ( lined wrasses like 4,6, 12 lines ) yellow or green coris and maybe leopards.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14838997#post14838997 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by 650-IS350
Do manual dips with Iodine based treament like ( LUGOLS/TMPCC/REVIVE ).
Manual removal of egg sacks as well. scrape them off, use tweezers etc. CHeck and dip as needed 2 times a week for the next couple of weeks to catch newly hatched babies. Get natural predators too like wrasses like ( lined wrasses like 4,6, 12 lines ) yellow or green coris and maybe leopards.

One more question; from the sounds of the treatment, they will only lay eggs in the Zoa's? They won't spread all over the tank? I'm thinking as small as the nudi's are, the eggs are really hard to see? Thanks so much, I'll buy a wrasse immediantly!! :)

The only dip I ever use is linked below and it works every time for me. The updated dip has been combined with the first thread. You can increase the lugols to 4 or 5 drops per gallon. Read the entire thread for some feedback. Good luck.

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/s...e=25&highlight=mucho nudibranchs&pagenumber=1

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1167318&highlight=mucho+nudibranchs

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=533167&highlight=mucho+sea+grass+wrasse

Mucho Reef

Last edited:
I have a Yellow coris, that constantly inspects all colonies and frags. Especially any new frag that I put in the tank even after dipping , he literally picks at them while its still in my hand being put in the tank. He's my blue collar worker no doubt. I lost my original one before but the new one is a more busy bee. Anytime I blow water at the polyps to make them close to inspect them, the YC immediately takes this as opportunity for easy hunting. I think the Green Coris does look better though. THey are hard to get here in the Bayarea.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14839827#post14839827 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by 650-IS350
Just for reference.
There are other variations of the leopards as well as lined wrasses. but my best bet is still green or yellow coris.

Big problem; I have never seen the green or yellow coris for sale here. The lined wrasses are everywhere. But, it doesn't sound like they are as good?

Thank you and MUCHO for all the info. I will get those little boogers out of my tank one way or another!

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14839827#post14839827 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by 650-IS350
Just for reference.
There are other variations of the leopards as well as lined wrasses. but my best bet is still green or yellow coris.

Have you ever ordered from here? How was the experience? I'll have to order if I want a yellow or green coris. No one has them for sale around me. Plus I was looking at them through the links you sent and it says they need a 50 gal tank. Mine is only a 30...

you can check our vendor feeback threads and search for them there. I've shopped at LiveAquaria and Reefhotspot good results on both.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14844149#post14844149 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by 650-IS350
you can check our vendor feeback threads and search for them there. I've shopped at LiveAquaria and Reefhotspot good results on both.

Thank you; I'll check it out. :)

The YC even though its the cheapest fish for me , its one of my favorites as its a constant worker. bright yellow and never bothers anything, just goes on its merry way.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14846472#post14846472 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by 650-IS350
The YC even though its the cheapest fish for me , its one of my favorites as its a constant worker. bright yellow and never bothers anything, just goes on its merry way.

Fantastic; I'll check out the websites listed on here. I'm going to have to order it, I have never seen them locally. Thanks so much for all your help!

The yellow coris max is 5" I believe
Green might be bigger
leopards ave. 4-5"

BTW- I have 3 wrasses in my 37 cube. Plus places like reefhotspot where I bought my wrasses you can specifically ask them for the SMALLEST one they have, which I did. I recieved 1" ers. and now they're 2" already.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14926199#post14926199 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by 650-IS350
The yellow coris max is 5" I believe
Green might be bigger
leopards ave. 4-5"

BTW- I have 3 wrasses in my 37 cube. Plus places like reefhotspot where I bought my wrasses you can specifically ask them for the SMALLEST one they have, which I did. I recieved 1" ers. and now they're 2" already.

Thank you, that is excellent information!!! :)

are all wrasses jumpers? need one for my zoa tank which is open top. i have been seeing the nudis in there lately. they look like a roly-poly with antennas. grey color and only on my zoas.

A lot are. But I created my own screen top.

videooftank018.jpg

hi fellow reefers :) ,

I have some aptaisa's in my tank , and i was considering to put some nudibranches berghia in my tank.
Are these nudibranches bad for my zoas ?
I really like my zoa's and really hate those aiptaisa's:rolleyes:
I don't have an other option for the aiptaisa's because i have a
nano.

greetingzz tntneon:)

...I have some aptaisa's in my tank , and i was considering to put some nudibranches berghia in my tank.
Are these nudibranches bad for my zoas ?
"Berghia" nudibranchs (which are actually A. stephanieae nudibranchs) won't harm your zoas or anything else in your tank other than Aiptasia. Whether they'll successfully rid your tank of Aiptasia is very much hit or miss.

Back