Zoa Problem (Closed and possible fungus)

Devin98

Hey Everyone,

I have a few zoa frags that are all starting to do the same thing, I checked for pests found none, did a CoralRX dip seems to have no effect.

Tank has only been setup for 3 weeks, used all Marco rocks that have been cured in a vinegar solution for 3 weeks prior to going into the tank. I know the tank has PO4 however tests show 0 but getting a lot of algae growth so I am assuming it is being consumed all other tests are negative.

Lighting is a 6 bulb 24" ATI T5 fixture, flow Tunze wavebox and return. SG is 1.026 temp is stable at 79.

Any thoughts I would hate to loose these guys, funny thing is the two SPS frags I have are doing fantastic!

Attachments

• photo 1[1].jpg
    photo 1[1].jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 0
  • photo 2[1].jpg
    photo 2[1].jpg
    72 KB · Views: 0
I dip mine in tank water and peroxide, about 25% peroxide to tank water ratio, of the 3% peroxide. leave in for 3-5 minutes. It kills algae, fungus and pest, zoas open in 1-3 days.

I feed my fauna marin zoanthid food when they look ill. I think it helps boost their natural immune system to fight off these kinds of infections / disease
IME dipping just makes the problem worse have never saved any with this technique. I only dip if its pest related

Back