Zoa will not open

Ethzd

Zoas, on the left won’t open. Bought a new light, GSP is fully open although disturbed a bit before this pic so is a bit closed up here. Candy cane and jack o lantern are fine. Galaxia fine and Kenya tree dropping abit although I’ve heard this is normal.

Nitrite ammonia both zero. Nitrate was 5ppm
Salinity 1.026
Nassarius snail and common clown both happy
Any ideas how to make zoa open?

image.jpg

Zoas, on the left won’t open. Bought a new light, GSP is fully open although disturbed a bit before this pic so is a bit closed up here. Candy cane and jack o lantern are fine. Galaxia fine and Kenya tree dropping abit although I’ve heard this is normal.

Nitrite ammonia both zero. Nitrate was 5ppm
Salinity 1.026
Nassarius snail and common clown both happy
Any ideas how to make zoa open?

View attachment 32378995
You got a new light and the zoas don't open now, or the zoas won't open so you bought a new light? Did they ever open?

Did you dip the corals before adding to the tank with Revive or a similar product to remove potential pests?

Zoas can close up for weeks while adjusting to new conditions.

You got a new light and the zoas don't open now, or the zoas won't open so you bought a new light? Did they ever open?

Did you dip the corals before adding to the tank with Revive or a similar product to remove potential pests?

Zoas can close up for weeks while adjusting to new conditions.
Hi, they didn’t open after the new light was used. I dipped them previous to adding and one opened before, one I just got last week. Just found it weird everything else was open and thriving and they weren’t

Light could be too strong (depending on the light settings and what the zoas are used to). Maybe try putting it in a shaded area if possible. Also how new is the tank? Looks fairly new

Light could be too strong (depending on the light settings and what the zoas are used to). Maybe try putting it in a shaded area if possible. Also how new is the tank? Looks fairly new
It’s quite new, about a month and a bit. I work in a petshop so get live rock free etc and a lot of coral given to me. I’ll link the light I have also

Back