Zoo Problem

Reef Mongoose

I want to pick everyones brain here. I have a 90 gallon mostly SPS tank. I have no troble at all with any of my other corals; SPS, LPS, softies, clams, mushrooms. They are all happy in my tank, great color and growth yet for the life of me I can't seem to make zoos happy. I don't know what it is but very few zoos survive in my tank. They are ok for a week or two but then they start to stay closed during the day and then they start to decay and die. I can't figure out what my problem is. My water quality is great (I can test for exact numbers if someone wants them) I mean I am keeping SPS corals with NO problem but yet my zoos keep dying. Any ideas on what could be going in my tank would be greatly appreciated, thanks

650-IS350

what are you exact water parameters? are you running a zeo system ( zero nutrient ? )
Are you doing proper acclimation ( starting them all the way on the bottom first )

etc .... need specs

Reef Mongoose

still at work can't get parameters yet will do tonight, I am running a mixed reef with 3-4inch sand bed, RS-100 skimmer, mag 5 return, 2 koralia #2s for circulation, lighting is 2-150 watt DE halides plus 4-95 watt VHOs (2 atinic, 2 daylight). I definatly acclimated them slow, did the drip for a couple hours before putting them in and put them low in the tank (in fact they were never above the bottom third of the tank).

menta

delsol650, Can it be a problem if getting to much light?, he has an SPS tank, probably with MH.

650-IS350

no, I have friends with 2 250 mhs or 2 400mh's.

drip acclimate for a couple hours? Me personally I dont drip acc. I just dip them in Lugols or TMPCC for 10mins then place them all the way in the bottom. I've only lost zoos prior to bad shipping from a vendor, zoapox and ampipods.

I also run 4 hydor #4's in my 100 and will be running 4 #2's in my 37cube.

SSalty

This is interesting. I have the same problem. I found out that Zoas don't like strong water flow.

650-IS350

Don't know about that one. I have 4 Hydor #4's running in my tank ( total 4800gph ) and they're doing fine and actually growing good.

Pufferpunk

You might want to check out the Vitamin C thread. This is the exact same reason I started dosing. All your corals will thank you!