270g Flatblack Hex Stocklist advice

tigger2577

I am setting up a 270g Flatblack Hex (96 X 30 X 24)

Here is my stocking list I would like to do, any feed back is welcome

Dwarf Angle's
  • Flame (Centropyge loricula)
  • Coral Beauty (Centropyge bispinosa)
  • Flameback (Centropyge acanthops)

Large Angle's
  • Regal (Pygoplites diacanthus)
  • Blue Gridled (Pomacanthus navarchus)
  • Annularis (Pomacanthus annularis)
  • Scribble (Chaetodontoplus duboulayi)
  • Goldflake (Apolemichthys xanthopunctatus)

Butterfly's
  • Saddleback (Chaetodon ephippium)
  • Pearlscale (Chaetodon xanthurus)
  • Lattice (Chaetodon rafflesi)
  • Raccoon (Chaetodon lunula)
  • Metensi (Chaetodon mertensii)

Warsse
  • Checkerbord (Halichoeres hortulanus) *Currently have in 55g that is being upgraded to this tank
  • Female Bird (Gomphosus varius)
  • Male Bird (Gomphosus varius)

Gobies
  • Diamond Watchman (Valenciennea puellaris)
  • Orange Spotted (Amblyeleotris guttata)
  • Bluespotted Watchman (Cryptocentrus pavoninoides)
  • Yellow prawn (Cryptocentrus cinctus)

Hawkfish
  • Flame hawkfish (Neocirrhites armatus) *Currently have in 55g that is being upgraded to this tank

The bird wrasses might eat some of your smaller gobies. I don't know enough about the butterflies to have an opinion about whether they will get along, but I think the rest of your stocklist looks pretty reasonable.

IMO, I would probably drop one of the large Angels. Also with the Dwarfs, all 3 have the same colors which may be tricky with them together as they see each other as a threat. I would recommend maybe during the Flame/CB/Flameback with a Half-Black, Keyhole, Bicolor, Elibli, Multicolor, or Lemonpeel. Just my 2 cents.

The bird wrasses might eat some of your smaller gobies. I don't know enough about the butterflies to have an opinion about whether they will get along, but I think the rest of your stocklist looks pretty reasonable.

I was looking at the gobies to keep the sand bed sifted. Would there be any other good options as the Bird Wrasses are a must, They are the only reason my wife is letting me upgrade to such a large tank

IMO, I would probably drop one of the large Angels. Also with the Dwarfs, all 3 have the same colors which may be tricky with them together as they see each other as a threat. I would recommend maybe during the Flame/CB/Flameback with a Half-Black, Keyhole, Bicolor, Elibli, Multicolor, or Lemonpeel. Just my 2 cents.

Thanks, I see what you are talking about, i will revise the selection there to be more varied in color

I was looking at the gobies to keep the sand bed sifted. Would there be any other good options as the Bird Wrasses are a must, They are the only reason my wife is letting me upgrade to such a large tank

Fighting conchs will do the same thing and shouldn't get eaten.

Back