40g build

kgravity

Hey everyone I havent posted a build before but I figured it was time.

So this tanks been up and running about a year now so tell me what you guys think.

tankresize.jpg

Everyone comments on how high the stand is but I really like my tanks Eye level.

Here are some shots of the stand coming together

Not sure why all the photos are coming out sideways sorry about that.

IMG_2906.jpg

IMG_2907.jpg

IMG_2947.jpg

I like the height of the stand honestly. I like not having to bend over to look at the tank. Looks good man. Like the scape.

I didnt like any of the overflows on the market so I made this one. Its herbiew stlyle, only sticks out into the tank about 1.5" and with the back painted black its barely noticeable.

It doesnt have any teeth I just used some gutter guard. it takes water from the top and sides. If you see in the photo with it running in the sand I folded the acrylic just shy of touching the glass.

IMG_2943.jpg

IMG_2945.jpg

IMG_4227.jpg

Thanks, totally agree the only down side to middle of the tank being eye level is putting my hands in the tank I need a stool but worth it.

shot underneath

IMG_4220.jpg

wires are kind of a mess im going to close that area off just because I stink at cable managment

I have a bunch of coral shots but Ill try and figure out why these are all coming out sideways before I throw them on there.

I love it tall. I hate having to bend over to look in my 40b. If i was to build the stand over again it would be about 4' at the top of the stand.

I to like the taller stand but honestly when I built my stand I measured from the floor to my armpit and built it to those specs so I wouldn't have to stand on a chair every time I go in the tank...nice looking stand and tank you have there can't wait to see some corals

Thanks everybody!

I actually thought about the armpit measurement when I was building this but not leaning down won out.

Here are some shots I just took, I just fed them so some of the acans are still hungry as you can see. I have some other ultra's that are pretty colorful but I couldnt get a good shot of.

Acans:

Back