75 Build Coming!

nfrench2100

Well.... I guess you could call it a "œRe-Build."
I started out my first Reef Tank at the end of August. 30g MarineLand Half-Moon, and so far, everything is going very well. Needless to say, I was looking into upgrading before the tank ever finished the cycle lol

So! I've been looking to upgrade for a month or so and finally came across a good snag. The owner of my LFS texted me about a week and a half ago and told me he had a client, who went to Italy for a week. Well, she came home to find that her 72 Bowfront, which had been running for about 12 years, had been running dead for about 3 days. Her circuit breaker went out and she lost everything! She was heartbroken and didn't want to rebuild. He told me I️ could have everything except the rock and lights if i went and broke it down. I was there the next day!

What I was left with was the tank, stand, sump, and he ended up letting me keep the lights. Just a PC fixture but hey, it's a start right. Plus it had about 6 brand new spare bulbs.

I stopped by the shop 2 nights ago and got my lights, sump, and skimmer laid out and ready to order. A little over $900 for all 3.

That night, i got home and decided hey, I'll get on Craigslist and see if there's any crazy deals. And low and behold, i found (what I believe to be an amazing deal) I sent him the link to see what he thought, and he said go for it!

Here's what I'm going to break down on Sunday.

75G MarineLand Majestic Reef Ready tank
Stand and Glass Tops
Kessil AP700
Kessil Arm Mounts
80lb LR & 80 lb LS
Bashea 36" Sump
Bashea 10G ATO Reservoir
Super ReefOctopus 1000INT Protein Skimmer
Sicce 3.0 Return Pump
Tunze 3155 ATO
Maxspect Gyre XF230 & Controller
Flu all E300W Digital Heater

For an extra $500 i can get all the coral and fish but i just don't have the extra cash. Well over $1400 or so in fish and corals. Too bad right.

Anywho. I️ know it's not a brand new build, but after seeing so mane builds on here, i figured I'd document it!

Stay tuned!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That looks like a pretty good deal. Having livestock that was already doing well is always good. The only thing is make sure the life stock is what you want.

Yea he's got some nice fish. Purple tang, blue hippo, foxface just to name a few. But I've decided to pass on them. Gonna go my own direction stock wise

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back