75g teaser pic..

MarvinsReef

In Memoriam
so far, this is what I have for the 75g.. will need more LR.. never thought aquascaping with BB was tough... rocks don't seem to stay where I want them to.. :(

but I'll make the best of this.. :)

TankMoonlight.jpg

thanks for looking...

Marvin

Yeah man your right that is a tease, your a crule crule man, especially since we can see polyps covering most of those rocks.

Hey Marvin, I used PVC cut into small pieces and then stood them on end and glued the sides together. I made them into different heights getting shorter as you come towards the front of the tank. To keep them there I also took new suction cups stuck to the bottom of the tank to stop it (the) PVC from sliding. I still have sand but only in the front 1/2 or 1/3 of the tank. It stopped the rocks from sliding around and also kept the rocks up off the glass so you can take a power head and blow detritus out from the rocks. Really worked well in my 40g long. I thought about making PVC frames but the tank is so short, this way worked better...Just an idea to help out with the sliding rocks.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6716685#post6716685 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Azurel
Hey Marvin, I used PVC cut into small pieces and then stood them on end and glued the sides together. I made them into different heights getting shorter as you come towards the front of the tank. To keep them there I also took new suction cups stuck to the bottom of the tank to stop it (the) PVC from sliding. I still have sand but only in the front 1/2 or 1/3 of the tank. It stopped the rocks from sliding around and also kept the rocks up off the glass so you can take a power head and blow detritus out from the rocks. Really worked well in my 40g long. I thought about making PVC frames but the tank is so short, this way worked better...Just an idea to help out with the sliding rocks.

great.. thanks for the tip.. :)

I'll have some updated pics later..

Marvin

Back