90G tank and livestock for sale

ubas

Premium Member
Sadly, I need to take a break from reefing. I just upgraded to the 90G RR back in Feb this year, so there's minimal wear and tear.

1488089058_5b799932dd.jpg

I'm asking $400 OBO for the tank with megaflow kit/tubing, stand, canopy and sump. That's about 1/2 of what I paid for everything earlier this year (tank + stand alone without megaflow kit, canopy or sump retails at $570 locally). The furniture is all black painted pine. The canopy is my own design for T5 lighting - it keeps the bulbs close to the surface but still has front doors for quick access, and the entire top/front also lifts up for heavier maintenance.

For livestock, I have several corals that are really thriving, and several that are barely hanging on after a series of power failures and skimmer leaks that occurred before the 90G upgrade. I am giving away the corals in poor condition, but I'll give preference to people who are experienced with fragging and to those who are also buying other things from me. Prices in general are negotiable, especially if you're buying several things.

Here are some pictures and descriptions on flickr .

Here's the list:
Football-sized hammer coral - $175. You could frag this guy several times and still have a big chunk of hammer left over. By far the prize of the tank. I would prefer to sell this whole to the right buyer, but if I don't get any takers then I'll be willing to discuss selling frags.

Finger leather (2 separate colonies on one rock) - $60. 4 years in my tank, very hardy. The smaller colony is a good candidate for fragging / moving to a new rock.

Medium/large torch coral - $60.

Large monti cap - $75.
Small/med monti caps - $30 (3 available)

Large Turbinaria - $65.

Zoos (2 varieties) - $40 each rock - dozens of polyps each, 2 available

GSP - $30 - larger than your fist.

Small anthelia + zoo rock - $15.

Here are the ailing corals that I'm giving away:
Monti Digitata (STN)
2 x acro (STN)
red open brain (slowly wasting away)
colt coral (I think something in the tank just start harassing it).

Fish:
1 Foxface - $10 because he may be showing signs of ich.
1 Pajama cardinal - $10 - very hardy.

Other inverts:
cleaner shrimp - $15
Tiger tail cuke - $5 (2 in tank) - ideally, you will buy whatever rocks they're holed up in.
Large brittle star - free with rock. This guy has survived probably 5 years in my tank.
Tube worm attached to a conch shell - $15 - interesting piece (front and center of full tank shot).

Live Rock:
I have probably about 100lbs of live rock at $2 per pound. The rock is sort of a mixed bag. On one hand, there are quite a few rocks with stray zoos and shrooms growing on them, but there's also some macroalgae and anthelia (maybe you think that's a good thing) scattered about and, recently, I have started noticing some aiptasia as well. I'm aware of about a dozen aiptasia in the tank, though I would assume there's more in there.

Other hardware:
I'm hoping to get back into this some day in the future, so I'm planning on keeping most of my pumps/lights/skimmers, etc, but if someone wants to take it off my hands we can talk. Includes:
Tunze 6100 with single controller
ASM G2 skimmer
Mag 9.5 pump
6 x 48" T5 (3 ballasts)
more

Anything you get from my tank should be quarantined, but then again, you quarantine all new additions to your tank, right?

Thanks!

Hi,

Brain (freebie) is gone
Monti digi (freebie) is gone (caps still available)
Conch shell with feather duster is gone.

GSP is spoken for.
Fish are spoken for.
Inverts are spoken for.
Some LR is spoken for.

Thanks

I picked up some rock and a nice piece of monti cap. I have never seen this kind of a monti cap. The colors are yellow/orange body and purple rim and polyps. I hope that it will stay this way since it came from T5 and is under 250W MH now...

The $175.00 hammer coral is about 12"x12". Maybe even larger. It's something one could place into a huge tank and still be impressed by it. I think that this would sell for about $400.00 bucks in a lfs. Impressive piece...

BK

more pics

more pics

I've had some requests for more pics...

Hammer - pictures just don't show how massive and gorgeous this thing is...
Reef_90G_Oct_07005.jpg

Turbinaria
Reef_90G_Oct_07009.jpg

Leather
Reef_90G_Oct_07003.jpg

A few shots of the canopy. It has doors for feeding access / light-duty maintenance plus the top and front lift on a hinge, which comes in very handy with a 24" deep tank. Holds 5 48" T5 bulbs with individual Tek reflectors.

Reef_90G_Oct_07032.jpg

Reef_90G_Oct_07033.jpg

Reef_90G_Oct_07034.jpg

Sump is a 20G tank with glass baffles, 3 chambers - drain/skimmer, return pump, and fuge.
55g_surgery_Feb_07-oops010.jpg

Includes megaflow kit with durso
Reef_90G_Oct_07036.jpg

Thanks!

Back