AI hydra mount.

CrazyEyes

Nothing super exciting but I wanted to share this, my friend Joe (hoohoohdillyo) recently picked up an AI hydra and EXT rail. Only issue with the rail is the way they are meant to mount to the light, which wasn't going to work for this. So we picked up some 3/4" x 3/4" aluminum angle, 10-32 x 2" screws and some #6 aluminum spacers and got to work. We then added a piece of 3/4" aluminum to the front of the light to accent the black and silver. I think it came out amazing. Just wanted to give people an idea on how to mount a Hydra on an EXT rail lengthwise.

Thank you Mike for all the help. This light is SOOO much better than the old Chinese modular light that was up there before. The idea with adding the 3/4" aluminum on the front really is what set this thing off, it's just a shame that neither of us have a camera worth a crap to show the actual detail on it.

Looks good. I've been thinking about how I'm going to mount my hydra. Thanks for sharing.

We thought up at least 20 different ideas before coming to this one. My next favorite was having the 3/4" aluminum flat bar slip into the front and rear lips on the heatsink then connecting them with a bolt and hanging it from chain, but I ended up liking the idea of being able to hide the wire with the final design thanks to Mike thinking outside the box.

How did you mount it to the stand.

Didn't take any pictures of that part, but pretty much just ran the rail in reverse and screwed the bracket to the stand.

If you want to go over some ideas I am in Saint Pete near the 9th ave Saint Pete Library. Mike is usually at my house anyway so it wouldn't take long to come up with a game plan for your light if needed.

Back