all locale "LFS" in SWFL (Ft. Myers, CC, Bonita, Naples) - post 'em

wiszmaster

In Memoriam
as topic states ...

post all of the LFS that are around, please ...

scott (keinreis) & i will be hitting up a good amount of them this coming saturday - unless you wanna go up to cape canaveral for the shuttle launch scott?

i was thinking about going up to the shuttle launch.. if you end up going whould you want to carpool... i wunna go up there to do photography.. i live in lehigh acres

jason

Hey Jason ... i'm not sure yet. I'd love to go, but i think this one i might just watch on TV ... unless you happen to have something in the 600mm+ range ... forget about taking pictures.
I went up for the Return to Flight mission STS-114 & had premium launch access tickets .. and the closest we got with them was either 4 or 6 miles, other than that you're about 10 miles away from the pad.

pics:
http://marcoprechel.com/gallery2/ma...2_GALLERYSID=e0e4768eab60f70e2a4de42a472bbe2c

--mp

hmmm.. the longest range i have is 300mm.. were those pictures taken at jetty park? I just moved here from ohio in october, so this whould be my first launch.. if you do end up going just let me know.. other wise i think i will do the same as you till i can afford a bigger lense..

jason

those were taken with my 300mm ..... it was at the cause way launch viewing site .... inside KSC & then a bus trip from there on....

LFS day it is

Yesterday i got the RO/DI system all plumbed up ... i should take a picture ... maybe tonight. Going to come by & check it out scott?

in the naples bonita area there is a store called "Saltwater Solutions" its right off US41 in the naples industrial park. Its the nicest one I've been to in the area. Prices are fair for a fish store and they have a big place and a lot o chose from, helpful staff ect.

Other stores include "Fish Central" on Davis Blvd in Naples, Good stuff just a lil pricey for my taste, worth a look thou.

And "Ocean Enviroments" on Pine Ridge Road in Naples. This store is hit and miss IMO, sometimes they have nice stuff, sometimes welll you get it.

well ... we hit up ... 5 stores.

Ocean Enviroments (Ft. Myers) decent
Ocean Enviroments (Naples) decent
Saltwater Solutions (Naples) Nice
2 stores in the cape ... same owner ... 1 of them is by the hospital
and the new store in S. Fort Myers, by Northern Tools - right near walmart on 41 & gladiolus. - probably the nices & cleanest store ... VERY helpful & friendly.

--mp

Boardroom aquatics behind office depot in fort myers is nice also.
Big variety of fish, kind of pricey though.

look at you, first post and already being helpful :) welcome to reefcentral, tell us about your tank! Where you going to school? I'll be at FGCU this fall

:) I go to school at Canterbury. I have a 10 gallon tank.
I have 2 clown fish, shrimp, snails, crabs, live rock, etc.
I just got my tank about 2 months ago, but its nice and filled with action. :)

Back