Any local shops have a Mantis Shrimp?

Scuba Dan

Has anybody seen a Mantis Shrimp for sale recently in your trips to the local shops here in Tampa, St Pete area? The more colorful the better.... :)
Thanks....

I know Bobby at the fish and aquarium in Brandon always has one or two in stock. He had a yellow one that was beautiful a couple of weeks ago. I'm going by their store tomorrow to get some Kalk. I'll check and report back.

Aquatic visions in port richey had a 2" long green one as of 4 today. I'd give you mine if and when i catch him lol. He's red/orange

Hey Dan,

Just got back from the fish and aquarium in Brandon and they actually have two in stock. They have a lime green one and a bright yellow one. They are both about 1.5 to 2 inches, they look really healthy and they are asking $39.95 for each.

They also have an amazing yellow/orange wall hammer that looks crazy nice. I'm glad I didn't stay too long or I would have bought it myself. Check it out if you go get the Mantis.

Just reporting back as promised.

Webmanny, Thanks for the info. They sure went up since the last time I bought one.:eek1: I think I only paid $10-$15 for mine a couple years ago.

Agreed. They are a bit higher than I would like to pay for what is essentially a shrimp that hides all day long. :)

Tampa bay saltwater has them listed on their website, but availability varies so you would have to contact them to see if any are in stock

There's a nice Peacock at Fish2O in Lakeland.

Took the family to Fish2O tonight to check out the Peacock. She/he was a beauty, but had a price tag of $60.00. Even if I wanted to purchase it, I couldn't. They had a sign on the door that said "Cash Only" I hope their machine was just down and that's not the only form of payment they accept.

Took the family to Fish2O tonight to check out the Peacock. She/he was a beauty, but had a price tag of $60.00. Even if I wanted to purchase it, I couldn't. They had a sign on the door that said "Cash Only" I hope their machine was just down and that's not the only form of payment they accept.

That's not typical.

Back