Anyone Drill?

narms72

Soon I will need some holes drilled in my 150 anyone around here a good driller? Its half inch glass too so pretty thick. I have no experience in drilling and lack the equipment so i was wondering is there anyone out there who would be willing to to do it? For a reasonable fee possibly? :bigeyes: I have to reseal the tanks silicone seals and replace the top trim which is on order from central pet. So it will probably be a month or so until I am ready to do it. Thanks!

I've drilled before a few times. I don't have a press or anything like that but I didn't have any trouble doing it free hand. I sold my bits after the project so you would need to acquire whatever size bits you would want. How many holes are you looking to drill and what sizes? and have you double checked to make sure the glass is not tempered?

Anyway I would be willing to help you out if you'd like.

Soon I will need some holes drilled in my 150 anyone around here a good driller? Its half inch glass too so pretty thick. I have no experience in drilling and lack the equipment so i was wondering is there anyone out there who would be willing to to do it? For a reasonable fee possibly? :bigeyes: I have to reseal the tanks silicone seals and replace the top trim which is on order from central pet. So it will probably be a month or so until I am ready to do it. Thanks!

You really only need a drill, diamond hole drill bit, water and a great deal of patience. :)

I'm thinking I'll need three 1.5" in the back of the tank and then three in an external box. I want to do an almost coast to coast over flow in the tank. Leaving 2 inches on both side for return lines. The Coast to coast will drain into the external box which will be set up bean animal style.

I have a few extra 1.5" bulkhead and the diamond but to drill the holes. If you want to make the trip to Valrico you are welcome to borrow it.

I have two of the drill bits. I think they are 1.5" and 3/4" for return, but I will check when I get home. If you need to borrow them, you are welcome to it. I can help with drilling the tank, but I cannot be responsible if something breaks. I've had really bad luck lately and don't want to risk having to buy you a new tank.

Manny, you likely do have the same bits for 1.5 and .75 bulkheads, since mine came in a g-h kit for a 40B ;)

I've drilled a few holes. Only issue I ever had was drilling into tempered glass while not knowing it was tempered. I've drilled about 10 holes no problem though since that tempered disaster.

I also have a few spare 3/4" bulk heads from BRS if you happen to crack one by accident.

Thanks everyone for the offeres and suggestions but I broke down and just bought Joe's AKA "The Aquatec's" drilled 150 gallon and ill sell my undrilled 150 soon.

We used John from FAOIS to drive several tanks for us and then Lee did it himself once too. I'd rather pay someone else than to do it ourselves. John did great work!

Back