Apex now speaks via Alexa and SmartThings

Short read lol...

My custom integration is still far more powerful than their Fusion offer. So I am sticking to it for now.

I immediately called the wife and she said Alexa just yelled at me through every device upstairs that there is an alarm at the tank, run check it right now.
thought that Alexa

I didn't think that Alexa could receive notifications? How do you set it up to do that. I am using Apex Classic with Voice.

thought that Alexa

I didn't think that Alexa could receive notifications? How do you set it up to do that. I am using Apex Classic with Voice.

I wrote my own custom integration. My apex is linked to SmartThings which is linked to my amazon devices.

thought that Alexa

I havent tried any alarms yet, but I think you just need to setup an alias in the voice section.

EDIT:

natively alexa cannot send out a notification from fusion. You would have to have something setup on a smart thing like above.

I have a few aliases setup, but they only work a 1/4 of the time. lol

I can get feed modes and status reports to work every time, any alias I have setup almost never work.

As an example I setup an alias called "The Skimmer". I ask alexa "Alexa, ask apex fusion to turn the skimmer off". If I'm lucky it works about a 1/4 of the time. Most times alexa just spins the green and blue circle then shuts off.

Back