Apex Owners- EB8 Questions

ARVERLY

Hi guys,

Ive never owned an Apex before and I wasn't sure which plugs are supposed to go in the 4th and 8th plugs.

I have two EB8s and I have the following equipment:

1) Kamoer 3-Channel Doser
2) Tunze Osmolator 3155 ATO
3) Speedwave DC 3000 (790GPH) Return pump
4) ATI Sunpower Dimmable 6x54W (this only has one plug)
5) Reefbrite Blue LED 48"
6) Eheim Jager 150W
7) Eheim Jager 125W
8) MP40Wes Pump
9) Vortech Battery Backup
10) Maxspect XF150
11) 20" Box Fan
12) Vertex Omega 150 Protein Skimmer
13) Jebao RW4 Wavemaker (in sump)

So I have 13 total plugs and 16 total slots. Which would you put in the 4th and 8th sockets?

THANK YOU for your help :)

Those are the mechanical relay outlets, and most folks reserve those for very low wattage devices - say less than 5 Watts. With your list, I don't see anything that falls in that category except perhaps the doser. But I believe that's a stand-alone doser (?), so you don't even really need to use the EB for that.

Whatever you will not be switching on/off too often to save some wear on those relays.

+1

Very low wattage devices may not reliably turn off using the 6 triac outlets, so people generally put them on the relay outlets. Conversely, the triac outlets can cycle on/off many more times than the relays before wearing out.

Look into the "WXM" module to control your MP40 via wireless connection.

To my understanding, it was the 4th and 8th outlet that can handle the highest Amp load?? Without the information in front of me, I thought it goes that 4 and 8 can handle 10 amps, while the 6 others only 5 amps. The entire EB8 however can only handle a total of 15amps. Is this correct?
I hope this also helps OP, and isn't derailing.

Thank you, that helps out a lot! So I should plug my ATI 6x54W light fixture, MP40, Maxspect gyre in one of the relays (4 or 8 plug).

Right?

They could go into any outlet as far as amps go, but are probably good choices as they will probably cycle on and off less frequently than some of your other devices.

Back