Apex

Scotty333!!!

Guys,
I’m going down the automated route cos I’m fed up with testing and getting inaccurate results resulting in making mistakes

Am I right in thinking the Neptune apex tests for kh,calc and mag or does have ph, orp probe allowance ?
Also, what about phos and nitrate?

Which Apex are you getting? Apex, Apex Pro or Apex Jr? Here's what is included with each:
1717696410881.png

For testing, other parameters, you'd need to purchase the Neptune Systems Trident which tests for alkalinity, calcium and magnesium or the Trident NP (also listed on the link provided) which tests for Nitrate and Phosphate.

So, my understanding is, if you want the Apex to test/monitor all seven parameters (Temp, pH, ORP, Alk, Ca, Mg and NO3), you'd have to purchase the Apex Pro and both of the Trident units.

Note: I have an older version of the Apex Jr and do not have either of the Tridents. The above is just my understanding of the current models of Apex and the Tridents. I only use my Apex for Temp, pH and turning equipment on and off.

ETA: I have heard that the Apex's ability to accurately measure salinity/specific gravity is questionable.

Great info mate, I’ll go with the apex pro and Neptune systems trident for now then later down the line the np trident , out of curiosity what does the np trident dose to lower both nutrients?

Edit: Oh wait Portugal so you probably do not have it there yet.

I personally would buy Hydros and wait for the Maven for testing.
Hydros is easier to use especially for new people.
Runs on a newer OS.
IP65 rated.
Catching up fast to the Apex with allot more releases.
Neptune was bought by a private equity firm that doesn't understand the hobby and only cares about money.
Provides some redundancy that the Apex does not offer. Basically the Apex has one brain and if it goes out you loose 100 percent of the system.
Hydros tests salinity properly which makes it more accurate.
Runs on the cloud.
Also Carlos is one of the main people on the Hydros and was a moderator here for along time. Griss I am sure you remember Carlos. So one of the main people working on the Hydros is a hobbyist and understands the hobby.

Really to me the only downside to the Hydros is popularity is increasing so much some of the stuff can be hard to get especially new releases..
Also Neptune has had a massive head start so Hydros is behind on some stuff but they are closing in fast and the maven should close the gap significantly..

Edit: Oh wait Portugal so you probably do not have it there yet.

I personally would buy Hydros and wait for the Maven for testing.
Hydros is easier to use especially for new people.
Runs on a newer OS.
IP65 rated.
Catching up fast to the Apex with allot more releases.
Neptune was bought by a private equity firm that doesn't understand the hobby and only cares about money.
Provides some redundancy that the Apex does not offer. Basically the Apex has one brain and if it goes out you loose 100 percent of the system.
Hydros tests salinity properly which makes it more accurate.
Runs on the cloud.
Also Carlos is one of the main people on the Hydros and was a moderator here for along time. Griss I am sure you remember Carlos. So one of the main people working on the Hydros is a hobbyist and understands the hobby.

Really to me the only downside to the Hydros is popularity is increasing so much some of the stuff can be hard to get especially new releases..
Also Neptune has had a massive head start so Hydros is behind on some stuff but they are closing in fast and the maven should close the gap significantly..
Yep, I remember Carlos very well. I miss him posting here.

That said, I agree with you. I only have the Apex because I'm cheap and was able to pick up a used one at a good price.

Back