Aquaforest lab test results. Advise?

Kirino

I was wondering how accurate my home testing was, so I send in an ICP test. Here are the results: Test wody #3305330

Whenever I do a PO4 test it reads nothing, so I was a bit surprised to see it in red. How much can this hurt?
I'm also rather surprised by the aluminum. How did that get in there. My aluminum stand? How bad is this?

What do you guys think I should improve? There is a bunch of advise on the results page, so not sure what to do first and what is the most important.

In general my zoas and other soft corals are doing just fine. I'm a bit more concerned about my duncans, where I lost one small head recently. The skin on some of the other LPS is definitely retracting slowly over time (one torch and one hammer). I'd like to stop that from continuing before they start melting. The only LPS that has consistently grown bigger on all fronts are my candy canes. But I guess those are just more hardy?

Are you running any ceramic media or marine pure blocks? They can leach aluminum. Also make sure your equipment is in good shape (I.e. no cracked heaters or other exposed metals from other equipment). Generally to fix aluminum its going to be water changes.

As for your phosphate, what are you using to test on your own? Is the kit expired? I would maybe run a small amount of GFO and perhaps pick up a new phosphate kit to see if you can get a reading close to what they have.

Are you running any ceramic media or marine pure blocks? They can leach aluminum. Also make sure your equipment is in good shape (I.e. no cracked heaters or other exposed metals from other equipment). Generally to fix aluminum its going to be water changes.

As for your phosphate, what are you using to test on your own? Is the kit expired? I would maybe run a small amount of GFO and perhaps pick up a new phosphate kit to see if you can get a reading close to what they have.
Couldn’t have said it better myself.

Back