Are PPE's still around?

mfinn

Premium Member
I haven't had PPE's in my tank for a long time.
I can't even remember the last time I saw anyone talk about them.
Are the completely gone?

I don't commonly see them around me either and I've been looking for a while. But they do pop up from time to time unfortunately it's always when I'm broke.

I won a frag of them at the three rivers marine club frag raffle meeting in Pittsburgh 3 months ago. Seem to be fast growers.

I'm going straight from work to fishing so no pics today. And now that I am thinking about it, they may have been Purple Death, not PPE.

I got them at a swap in January. A couple weeks ago I ran into the guy I bought them from and we talked about different zoas for a bit. He told me no one seems to want them so he rarely frags his. Probably the cycle of things. Give it some time and they will be back on the must have list.

Everyone I know, myself included, says they grow painfully slow. That could be a another reason you don't see them is no one wants to frag a polyp that takes months to spit out one new polyp.

Nice! Good seeing one of the original polyps around that got us all started on the zoa collecting spiral

Back