ati sunpower and new sump

stupidgoodness

Hey guys I have a couple questions I just purchased a 6x54 ati sunpower dimmable I was wondering what I guys think would be the best color combo. I prefer more blue than white. I also just purchased a trigger systems ruby 36 sump. My stand that was built for the tank has just enough room to fit it the problem I ran into is that I had to remove the center support to fit it in and with out removing it I cannot move the sump in or out look for your opinions.I'll post pics in a minute.

I run an 8x60 ATI over my SPS system.

After adding and removing countless T5 combinations I settled on the following:

B+
C+
B+
C+
C+
B+
C+
B+

I very crisp whitish blue.

If I had more LPS or Zoa, I would probably want to add in more Actinic in the place of a C+.

Ultimately, a blue LED Strip would probably serve my purposes better and give me more control.

I just haven't gotten around to purchasing one since I am not big into either Zoa/LPS.

All a matter of preference.

From my memory, Creative Aquariums runs the following on their center display mixed reef.

8 x 54 ATI PM

B+
C+
B+
Actinic
AquaBlue Special
B+
C+
B+

Four Blue LED Canons.

could you just make the center brace permanently removable, maybe use some L brackets to attach, then you could unscrew it if you had too.

I run an 8x60 ATI over my SPS system.

After adding and removing countless T5 combinations I settled on the following:

B+
C+
B+
C+
C+
B+
C+
B+

I very crisp whitish blue.

If I had more LPS or Zoa, I would probably want to add in more Actinic in the place of a C+.

Ultimately, a blue LED Strip would probably serve my purposes better and give me more control.

I just haven't gotten around to purchasing one since I am not big into either Zoa/LPS.

All a matter of preference.

From my memory, Creative Aquariums runs the following on their center display mixed reef.

8 x 54 ATI PM

B+
C+
B+
Actinic
AquaBlue Special
B+
C+
B+

Four Blue LED Canons.

Bobby, haven't seen any pics of your tank since summer when I picked up an mp10 think you could give us all an update?

could you just make the center brace permanently removable, maybe use some L brackets to attach, then you could unscrew it if you had too.

My worry is the weight pushing down on it and not being able to remove it. When you say L brackets do you have an example? I fit it in just worried about if I ever have a problem not being able to remove it.

Bobby, haven't seen any pics of your tank since summer when I picked up an mp10 think you could give us all an update?

Thank you for your interest - still working on it.

I will post soon. Thank you for buying my MP10 by the way.

Back