Attaching frags

reefer don

I don't seem to have much luck securing my mushrooms to live rock. Any ideas??? I use putty and superglue gel, but the gel never seems to hold.:hmm6::fish1:

I don't do a lot of this, but for my last two I patted them dry before using superglue gel and letting them sit out of water for a few minutes to allow the glue to dry.

Do you think they are detaching or just not getting attached to begin with because of the slime?

I put the rock (i use small rocks) i want the mushroom attached to in a glass, then put rubble inside around the edges, leaving a depression in the middle.
Put the glass on the sand in a low flow area, drop the mushroom in the depression, wait a couple days, attached mushroom.
Works on things like sinularia as well.

Would a rubber band be too much pressure? I've used that for Xenia in the past.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I follow this video method in a taquila shot glass covered with netting or stocking cloth so that they dont escape.
Works well.
U will just have to be patient!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

You can also put one stitch with a needle and thread. Glue down the ends of the thread and you can pull the thread after it attaches. A Tupperware filled with rubble often works as well as long as you have a low flow area to put it in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back