Been Some Rough Months But some Corals Finally Ready for Some Closeups

o2manyfish

o2manyfish
Hey Guys,

THe past 5 months my tank has been assaulted by instability from so many different issues, and then when we had the big rains last month a 14 hour power outage while I was up in San Francisco.

But things are starting to stabilize. I got motivated to take some photos of the happy corals.

Shooting with a Canon D70, 105mm Macro and no tripod.

Lighting is Radion G3 Pro running 20k color profile at 70%

Miyagi Tort Outside in Frag Tank
Acro B - Mar09.jpg

Bizzaro Chyphastrea
Bizzaro - Mar09.jpg

This is the tip of my AEFW Proof Purple Tip, Turquoise Stag. This is huge and right next to my Red Planet that has been filled with AEFW for over 2 years. And not once has there been one on this colony. Colony is huge and I have tons of frags available (free to locals)
Dave Stag AEFW Proof - Mar09.jpg

My Grafted Monti Colony is amazing and huge. It keeps getting 'Fragged' by the glass magnet cleaner. This little plate was under a bigger plate I broke off a few weeks ago - entirely in the dark. Now look 3 weeks later... Amazing Coral.
Graft 2 - Mar09.jpg

My Millies are amazing. They don't catch my eye, they always have AEFW, and then I get up above them over the tank, and I am just stunned by what they are hiding.
Millie 2 - Mar09.jpg

Millie 3 - Mar09.jpg

Millie 4 - Mar09.jpg

I have a Miyagi Tort that just keeps growing and growning. The first photo is from a piece I mounted Horizontal and it keeps growing just horrizontal. First photo is the tips and you can just see the green starting to appear at the top
Miyagi - Mar09.jpg

This is the base of one of the Miyagi coloniesk

Miyagi Tort - Mar09.jpg

Part 1....

Macro Photos - Part 2

Macro Photos - Part 2

This is the base of my Rainbow Millie
Rainbow - Mar09.jpg

And this is the tips
Rainbow Top - Mar09.jpg

Here is my Rainbow Monti that is slowly starting to color and expand
Rainbow Monti - Mar09.jpg

And here is my Kung Pao Monti
Kung Pao Lrg - Mar09.jpg

Kung Pao Lrg2 - Mar09.jpg

Dave B

Looks awesome bud.... just got new bulbs tonight so let's get those colors back and make the JA millie a stunner once again

Alfrareef, You didn't read the post, you only drooled over the photos :) As stated right above the first pic, I am running Radion G3 Pro on the Apex 20k color profile and running around 70%. Photos were taken under normal schedule.

Sometimes when I shoot the tank videos or coral shots I have a Radion Profile which bumps the output of the Radions to 100% so I can shoot a little faster. But not last night.

Acesq, Art, You know where I am come on by. There is some really cool stuff going on in the outdoor frag tank. The next 3 months are always the best sunlight of the year for the outside tanks.

And the invitation to visit is open to any reefers. My wife and dogs are used to people coming to visit the tank. We have visitors from around the world visit at least 1 day a week all year round. Just let me know when you will be in the Encino area and we can try to see about being home so you can see it in person.

Dave B

Back