Best plug & play setups?

mdeleon1

Looking for inputs on the best plug & play setups for 90 gal tank. I'm seeing Red Sea sale (12%) but wanted to see if anyone has recommendation on other manufacturers.

There’s also Waterbox and Cade. With the exception of the RedSea issues mentioned above, I think it’s all personal preference and doing a side by side comparison.

I'm getting back into the hobby, and am looking at something small in the 40 - 50 gallon range. I was set to buy the Red Sea 200 G2 Plus, and then saw a lot of comments regarding seams splitting. Is this widespread? Has this been fixed?

Thanks in advance.

I'm getting back into the hobby, and am looking at something small in the 40 - 50 gallon range. I was set to buy the Red Sea 200 G2 Plus, and then saw a lot of comments regarding seams splitting. Is this widespread? Has this been fixed?

Thanks in advance.
The seam splitting seems to be mostly G1’s but I’ve seen a couple G2’s if I recall correctly.

That said, with how much more common posts appear to be about seam issues, I would never buy a RedSea tank. With that also said, RedSea is one of the biggest names in the game for aquarium set ups, so it’s also a case of thinking how many seam breaks vs tanks sold (this is the unknown number).

I was speaking to a LFS and he has sold Red Sea for 12 years. He said it was a basically a specific model. He also said if it was such a major issue, then why would he want the headache of selling them? He also carries Innovative Marine and Waterbox to name a few.

I was speaking to a LFS and he has sold Red Sea for 12 years. He said it was a basically a specific model. He also said if it was such a major issue, then why would he want the headache of selling them? He also carries Innovative Marine and Waterbox to name a few.
We're only repeating what has been extensively reported on forums regarding redsea tank failures, not telling you what or what not to buy. If I want to know who makes reliable cars I would ask mechanics and end users not the car salesman, but that's just me I guess.

Back