Big tanks, NJ/NY??

Sparg93

Ok, i'm hooked! You guys got me and now i want to get a 150g tank. I want to go with a mix of predator and reef (don't worry, i'm going to make sure everyone will play nicely).

Before i take the plunge, i was hoping to see people's tanks in the 6'+ size range to get a better idea of what i need to do. I'm going closed loop and would love to see some examples.

I live in North Jersey and would def travel as far south as Central Jersey and into NY.

Thanks!!

-Craig

I'm in Mercer County with a 535g (96x48x30) in-wall viewable on 2 sides. The fish and rock from my 60g and 150g went into it last weekend. As soon as I figure out how to post the pics in the forums I will.

The trim and whatnot is still not finished around the tank though so pics aren't that great so far. :(

Hey Bumzy, when you get everything up and running, would you mind if i stopped by and checked it out?

I would love to see a tank that big, how you plumbed it, and picked your brain on it.

Thanks!!

-Craig

Anyone else in NJ/NY area that doesnt mind showing off their setup??

I can bring a 6-pack of their choice :beer:

im in central/northern nj(somerset county) i got a 210 tank in the process of a basment sump, tank looks really crappy, need to clean it first

If you're willing to make the drive 10 minutes into CT, the show tank at Reef and Fin in Stamford is pretty nice.

Sparg93,
No problem. I should be ready and have something to actually look at in a couple weeks. Right now I've just transferred over the LR from my other 2 tanks and this weekend I'll be taking them down and getting them out of the house.

If anyone here in NJ or close by wants a free 150g tank and stand all they got to do is come pick it up. I was going to sell it but then noticed thereââ"šÂ¬Ã¢"žÂ¢s a small blemish in the back right corner, a little half round chip in the glass. I never noticed it until I started taking everything apart. The stand is also natural wood still and really needs to be cleaned up and stained.

I'll give away my 60g tank and stand also but its old (I bought back in 89) and has some scratches in it so its really only good for a sump IMHO.

Like I said, I'm giving them away for free, but if someone wanted to donate a frag or two for my new 535g tank then itââ"šÂ¬Ã¢"žÂ¢s all good.

Back