Black and White Clowns

JTL

Anyone raising these. I am looking for a pair of juveniles. Must be pure B&W no orange.

What kind exactly. There are several species you describe. If you mean Percula I am sure your local store could source them cheap enough.

Pure B/W with no orange, not even a hint in the month area. Either Perc or Ocellaris. Not easy to find and my lfs cannot find them either. The ones they get all seem to have a little bit of orange.

You won't find Darwin ocellaris (the true B&W ckownfish) in full black as juveniles because they change from orange to all black as they grow. Most juveniles of even the best quality B&W clowns will have orange faces until they are at least an inch long or often larger.
Unfortunately, because Darwins are not collected anymore, and because their genetics have been mixed with so many other clowns, you really have to wait until you find some grown enough to already be jet black, or buy the most black juveniles you can find and hope for the best. ORA black and whites very, very often never reach full black coloration.
Your best option, if you don't mind spending the money for quality and for shipping, is to find a private breeder that can guarantee pure Darwin genetics. Here is one option : http://miniwaters.fish/product/amphiprion-sp-darwin-black-clownfish-true-black-ocellaris/

Back