Blue tang help

ErosJN

Hey guys,
I posted some pics in a previous post and I'm sure some can see the hippo tang has what I believe to be HLLE. Here's a little back story on this hippo tang.. it was my very first tang, purchased in 2013 at the size of a quarter. It was placed in my 75 gallon aquarium at the time with neglected water chemistry, no skimmer and never fed nori. The tang grew slowly but always looked vibrant in color with no signs of HLLE. When I moved with my girlfriend in early 2015 i left the 75 gallon at my old house with my roomate feeding them for about 2 months. I then decided to get more involved in the reefing hobby and upgraded to my now 210 gallon. I transfered what i had from the 75 to the 210 at my new home and thats when I started noticing the HLLE. I feed the tangs 3 sheets of nori a day along with 1-2 cubes of sallys saltwater multi pack. I had stray current issues with some powerheads and swapped them out so I believe that was the cause. About 2 months ago i started dosing their food with selcon almost daily. It isnt a severe case of HLLE but I would really like to get the blue tang back to as normal as possible. Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated! Ill try to get better pictures of this particular tang this afternoon. Thanks in advance.

Also, once on the right track of healing, how long can I expect the process to be? Weeks, months, years?

Left side

Right side

Close up of Right side

Ive had one for a while now.. they're supposedly good for parasites but HLLE doesn't have to do with any parasites to my knowledge?

Very interesting read.. i will take my carbon out of the filter sock. Do you think its safe to use purigen as an alternative carbon?

Back