Bubble Magus spraying inside of sump?

IrishTang

So I came home from a short 2 day vacation to find skimmate sprayed on almost every surface of my sump :mad2: . I have never had this happen before and was wondering if anyone else has? It appears that once the skimmate was done being sprayed tank water was also sprayed as the cabinet doors and inside of the cabinet is covered in salt crystals now. I checked connections to all other pumps and everything is nice and tight, no salt creep near connections etc. The only thing I can think of would be a power outage raising water level in sump then skimmer kicking on, seems like that should only cause it to overflow, not spray the whole inside of cabinet? Any thoughts?

When my skimmer cup is full it'll keep popping the lid up and down splashing and spraying.

Other than that, I don't see how a skimmer can spray everywhere..

Maybe it was just the lid slapping up and down splashing. When I first looked under there it LOOKED like it had been sprayed with a hose LOL but I suppose it could have been just a prolonged splashing, that would make more sense.

Its crazy how much water there is when it does that. I thought the bottom of the tank leaked cause of how much water there was.

Back