Build My LED is hiring!

BuildMyLED_HR

Hi All!
We are looking to hire a Segment Manager for our Aquarium Lighting Division and I thought I would reach out to the people who know the hobby best to see if anyone was interested. Please review the job description below and, if interested, email a cover letter and resume to jenny@buildmyled.com.

Thank You! :)

Segment Manager
Aquarium Lighting Division

Company Overview:
We are a fast-growing, Austin-based company in the aquarium and horticulture lighting sector, and we are looking to hire an outstanding Segment Manager to help us expand our presence in the global aquarium lighting industry. We launched the business in late 2012, and this is a great time to join our growing company. Build My LED has the most efficient lighting technology available in the aquarium industry, and we are looking for a proven leader who can manage the responsibilities associated with a segment management role. Due to our product leadership position, this is a great opportunity for a candidate who has a proven track record in running a profitable business segment.

Position Overview:
The Segment Manager is responsible for the growth and profitability of our aquarium lighting division. The Segment Manager will create and implement a robust sales and marketing plan to increase our market share in the aquarium lighting industry. The Segment Manager will report directly to our CEO and will manage the internal support team, specify the required product portfolio, define the optimal sales channels and develop key industry partnerships. The Segment Manager will work with our senior management team (Sales, Marketing, Customer Service, Operations, Science, Engineering) to deliver the industry's best products and customer service levels.

Job Responsibilities:
Develop the go-to-market strategic plan by analyzing the industry via SWOT analysis and recommends tactical plans to ownership team.

Benchmark competitive offerings and monitors industry trends

Collaborate with customer focus groups, industry partners and university researchers in order to define the product portfolio requirements.

Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.

Develop the strategic plan by studying technological and financial opportunities; presenting assumptions; recommending objectives.

Develop a comprehensive marketing plan to support the growth objectives (global trade shows, social media, print, online forums)

Required Qualifications:
Bachelor's Degree in Business, Management or Marketing
P&L Ownership and Accountability
Track record of exceeding results
Excellent work references from previous managers
Drug free and have a clean criminal record

Preferred Qualifications:
Prior general management experience
Masters of Business Administration

Annual Salary:
Commensurate with experience

Position Location:
Austin, Texas. Some domestic travel may be required.

Back