Can anyone help me out?

redhairsunshine

I got diagnosed with cancer about 8 months ago. I underwent surgery in Jan and was out of commission for about 2 1/2 months. Being single...and of course, no one in my family knew how to care for my tank. So I lost all my fish and inverts except a Molly Millers Blenny and a Hasslet Goby. I am assuming that they survived off the lovely hair algae that took over everything!! I lost all my Zoa's and Paly's. All my mushrooms, my leathers and my SPS. Even my lovely gorgonia...sigh. Gotta love that hair algae! :blown:

My tank is a 110g not counting the refugium/sump.

If anyone local to the 33881 area code would like to donate anything to help get my reef back or even for a few $. My job let me go so I can not afford to spend a bunch of $ at my LFS. I am still fighting my battle with cancer but want to be able to look at my tank again and relax.

Thank you to everyone in advance!

This was my tank about 6 months before I got sick. I even lost my rose bubble anemone :(

CAM00281.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Really sorry to hear about your condition and of course your tank. I really wish you the best of luck dealing with that horrible condition. I lost my dad to it a while back and know first hand how bad it can be.

On your battle against GHA, I also have that battle underway with some good days and some bad days. I hope you also win that one soon.

As far as corals, I wish you were closer and I would give you some mushrooms I have and maybe a frag of GSP, but that is quite a drive for either of those. I live near USF and Busch Gardens. Maybe if you ever find yourself in the area you can ping me to see what I have. Good luck with everything and keep the battle going.

Most of my Hair Algae is gone. I upped my Magnesium and got a Foxface Lo (Siganus vulpinus) which has been doing an excellent job eating it up! From my understanding, that particular type is one of the few fish that will actually eat the stuff...lol.

Hi Redhair,

Sorry to hear about your health problems. Just like Webmanny I lost my father to cancer about a year ago. It's a tough one but keep fighting!

I actually live in Lakeland and have a few zoa frags and an RBTA that I'd be willing to give to a loving home. I just bought a system with these and don't really have the room for all of it. PM me for details and we can work something out.

Back