Can anyone ID this?

ReefWhatYouSow

I broke down someone's tank and kept the coral. Can anyone ID what this (clear tentacle looking thing) is?

6d23a0abad4052ab172813e17fc086c4.jpg

Yes - agree - Hidden Cup Coral. It's a very beautiful coral that likes very low light.

I had one hitchhike in on a piece of live rock - I guess they are common in our Gulf coast waters - assuming the live rock I bought was from tampa waters (from that old aquarium shop that went out of business on 19 in countryside - south of Ocean Lifers).

They are near impossible to propagate - the cup and the coral are usually within the rock so you would need to chisel or saw it out of it's rock. They cannot be split or fragged.

No real value as others have said monetary that is. The only place I have ever seen them is on Florida LR ad a hitchhiker. Really cool though.

Sorry for the one that give u bad news.. u got ur self majano anemone, pest.. splitting fast and will sting other coral.. i take care of it soon if I were u.. good luck !!

Two different pics of two different things guys. First one is as we identified. Second, i believe sushi man is correct. Majano.

You all have done so well with the last two... Here is another for ya. Is this something bad? Or just a polyp that found its way onto another coral frag?

eedfc6d7d4009539e83b1c0cc8ee1966.jpg

Back