Changing from LED to T5

ClownMan727

I am going to change my light on a 40 breeder. I have some LPS and soft corals in there and want to know a few things. I am taking down a reefbreeders photon 24 and two T5 39 watt pure actenics. Replacing with an ATI 4 bulb fixture. What bulbs would you go with and how would you make the change as to not shock the corals? I do like the more blue look.

Seems you are downgrading and shouldn't have to worry much about acclimation. You could go down to 6hrs and add an hour a week.

I switched all my tanks from Led to T5 within the past 6-8 months and had zero problems when the switch was made.

As Rob mentioned I did start with 7 hour photo period and made my way to 9 over three weeks ago so.

I perfer a more 14 to 16k look so no first hand experience, but for the 18 to 20k, I'd say 3 blue plus and a purple plus.

The corals in that tank look great...y would u wanna change it

I was asking myself the same thing when I was in the process of changing, then growth rate of Sps exploded and I knew I made the right choice. I've personally done a ton of messing around with different things and going all T5s was the best decision I've made to date.

Back